Tuesday 12 May 2009

Losing It


I think I'm slowly losing it. Lately I've had so much paperwork to do, so many people to talk to, so many things to take care of that I found I actually almost missed a real season race.

I checked the calendar on Friday night to make sure and I misread it. I thought Sunday, May 10th was to be the Cruiser Exhibition. So imagine my surprise when comms managed to filter through to Endland and I realised I was going to miss a race.

Except I didn't, because it ended up canceled. And somehow, even though that saves me the embarrassment of losing 25 points in a single race to Takashi, somehow that didn't make me glad at all. This season is limping, I believe. We have to stop canceling and postponing races. The viewership is going down, racers are showing less and less at the start line... *sigh* For crying out loud, even I got the calendar wrong, what with all the changes.

3 comments:

  1. First, it's better to lose it slowly than lose it quickly. I'm happy to hear your dip towards insanity is taking the slow road.

    Second. Well, good luck on your races...whenever they actually have one :-)

    -----------------------------------
    Agent EVE, AFK Gamer
    http://eveagent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might I suggest you also take a moment to think about the racing opportunities in nullsec. The rewards are - well, survival. Nothing is as satisfying as getting out of a bubble and zooming away before you are podded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for words of encouragement. Insanity is still taking a slow road, and I think one way or another the road will soon take a turn. The future will tell if for better or for worse.

    ReplyDelete